ACLS PROVIDER (Full course 2 days - 12.5 hours)
ACLS Provider (Full Course 2 days - 12.5 hours)
- Are you doing ACLS for the first time or are you still new to ACLS?
- Is your current card expired?
- If you have taken ACLS before, have you only been to a few, or even, no cardiac arrests?
- Do you want a course that will provide you with practice stations for cardiac arrest, tachycardia, bradycardia and post cardiac arrest?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you are ideally suited for the ACLS Provider, Full Course. If you answered "no", then please check out our ACLS Renewal or ACLS-EP course in the next two tabs.
DAY I: This 4 hour course is a video-based, instructor-led, advanced course, building on the foundation of basic life support (BLS) skills and emphasizing the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes. There will be opportunity during this session to practice using the equipment and running cardiac arrest, tachycardia, bradycardia, and post arrest care scenarios. Come with your ACLS Pre-Test completed. The Pre-Test may be repeated as often as required and serves as a valuable study and learning tool.
DAY 2: This 8.5-hour course continues to build on team dynamics and adds on megacode training. During this day, there will be testing of CPR/AED; airway management; megacode practicing then megacode testing; and the written exam.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Read prior to proceeding to registration and check-out.
- DO NOT PROCEED TO REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE A CURRENT, NON-EXPIRED, HEART & STROKE BASIC LIFE SUPPORT NUMBER or WILL HAVE A HEART & STROKE BLS # BEFORE YOUR ACLS DATE. IMPORTANT: Upon checking out, write your BLS # in the Additional Comments section.
- You must sign up for the ACLS Provider (Full Course) if you are doing ACLS for the first time or your ACLS has expired. If you would like more confidence in practising with the equipment; including: defibrillation, cardioversion, pacing, and running practice scenarios, this is the ideal course for you.
- Allow adequate preparation time.
- You are required to complete the HSF On-line ACLS Pre-Test and you must bring the results to the course. Access the online Pre-Test at https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca/. Select Training Resources then ACLS Student.
- You are required to prepare from the approved ACLS Provider Manual, available on resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca in the Shopping for Material section. Mandated Student Materials: Provider Manual - (RE5110E) and 2015 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers - (RE0120E). Both items are included in the ACLS Provider Bundle (RE5600E).
By proceeding to registration, you acknowledge that you have read the Terms & Conditions.
If you require additional learning regarding rhythm and/or ECG interpretation, please let us know, upon registration, and we can direct you to further training material. As well, if you would like to do some additional self-directed preparation prior to the ACLS course, please check our Website tabs: QRS Tips and Products. You are expected to have knowledge on rhythm recognition and ECG assessment prior to the ACLS Provider course.
Please register early as course enrolment is limited.
Contact Diana Curphey, Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905) 668-2232
Unless otherwise stated, the ACLS Day 1 starts at 1600 hrs and ends at 2000 hrs. ACLS Day 2 starts at 8am sharp and ends at 1630hrs. Late entry not permitted.
Cancellation, Refund & Transfer policy:
1. For cancellation greater than three weeks prior to the course: full refund, less $30 Administration Fee.
2. For cancellation between one to three weeks prior to the course: Refund, less $150, as your spot will not likely be filled by another registrant.
3. For cancellation within 7 days prior or for “no shows”: NO REFUND.
4. Transfer fee to another course: $75.00 (if done 3 weeks prior to course), for first request. Subsequent transfer or for transfers done between one to three weeks prior to the course: $150.00.
5. No transfer allowed within 7 days prior to the course.