Training and Educational Courses for Health Care Professionals across Canada
QRS Educational Services programs deliver high quality training and educational courses in the following subjects:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Heart and Stroke Foundation Certified
- Basic Life Support – Heart and Stroke Foundation Certified
1 day Adult Trauma
- PHTLS (Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support) - 2-day certification process
- PEARS (Paediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization) course - 1-day certification process – Heart and Stroke Foundation Certified
- PALS (Paediatric Advanced Life Support) course - 2-day certification process – Heart and Stroke Foundation Certified
Dr. Barbara Mainville, PHTLS Supervising Medical Director, Provincial Coordinator for Ontario, summarized the PHTLS program as this: "Although it is called Pre-Hospital Trauma LifeSupport, this course is actually a Pre-Trauma Centre Life Support Course. It teaches important skills and information for providers at all levels. First Responders, EMS, military personnel, peripheral ER nurses, and peripheral ER Doctors can all make a difference. The geography of our country is huge. Although we hopefully won't have many IED (Improvised Explosive Device) or mass shooting incidents, we do have highways and farms and ATV's and boat propellers. And the further you are from a trauma centre, the more important the skills this course teaches are."
Our mission is to provide superior learning opportunities tailored to meet the needs of our clients. If a QRS Educational Services course is not currently offered in our Course Catalogue at a location of your choice, please contact us to arrange for one for you.
ECG Guru asks Darlene Hutton from QRS Educational Services for her expertise in the following question..."As a fairly new educator in the telemetry/medical unit or Emergency Department, what steps would you suggest taking in helping new nurses to the unit understand ECG Interpretation?" Check out Darlene'as response at ECG Guru...Ask the expert