Welcome to our Paediatric and Neonatal courses. We offer PALS, PEARS, and NRP
PALS Terms & Conditions:
1. DO NOT PROCEED TO REGISTRATION AND CHECK OUT UNLESS YOU HAVE A CURRENT, NON-EXPIRED, HEART & STROKE BLS or THAT YOU WILL HAVE A CURRENT HSF BLS BY THE COURSE DATE.
2. IMPORTANT: On checking out, please write your HSF BLS # in the Additional Comment Section
3. If you are doing PALS for the first time, you must attend the 5 hour PALS Prep session. There is a separate PALS Prep tab for you to register. If you are doing a PALS renewal and would like to attend the PALS Prep session to strengthen your knowledge, please register and attend at no extra cost.
4. You are required to complete the On-line PALS Pre-Test prior to the PALS course. Instructions on how to access this test will be emailed to you upon Registration in our Welcome Letter.
5. You are required to study from the Heart and Stroke 2015 PALS Provider Manual, available at resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca.
6. Please allow yourself adequate preparation time as you are expected to demonstrate knowledge of the material you will be tested on.
By Proceeding to Registration and Check Out, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the following SIX Terms & Conditions.
If you would like to do some additional reading, please visit out QRS Tips and Products section of our website.
Paediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS): This one-day, non stressful PEARS course is designed for all health care professionals (nursing, paramedics, students, residents) with limited experience with children. Through hands-on experience and video based simulation, participants will develop the knowledge and skills needed for emergency evaluation and initial stabilization of seriously ill infants and children.
If you work in a remote, rural, sub-urban or urban emergency department with unstable paediatric patients and want to develop more confidence in caring for these patients, this course is for you. The focus of this course will be on establishing a systematic and rapid assessment, recognizing stable vs. unstable, and stabilizing the unstable paediatric patient presenting with airway and respiratory compromise, shock, and cardiac arrest. Due to the nature of the hands-on stations, this course is restricted to number of registrants per class.
For a detailed agenda, please contact Diana Curphey at Diana@qrsadmin.com for the PEARS e-flyer.
PALS and PEARS Course size are limited: please register early.
PALS and PEARS Cancellation, Refund & Transfer policy: Cancellation greater than three weeks prior to the course: full refund, less $30 Administration Fee. Cancellation between one to three weeks prior to the course: Refund, less $150, as your spot will not likely be filled by another registrant. For cancellation within 7 days prior or for “no shows”: NO REFUND. Transfer fee to another course: $75.00 (if done 3 weeks prior to course), for first request. Subsequent transfer or for transfers done between one to three weeks prior to the course: $150.00. NO TRANSFERS ALLOWED WITHIN 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE COURSE
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP):
We are pleased to announce that in conjunction with the Michael Garron Hospital (previously Toronto East General Hospital), we are now offering our clients the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). This 4-hour renewal course is run by our PALS/PEARS/NRP Instructor Tanya Levit. NRP deals with neonates from newly born to 1 month. This course is ideal if you work in obstetrics, NICU, or the Emergency Department. NRP is an educational program that introduces the concepts and skills of neonatal resuscitation. In Canada, NRP is administered by the Canadian Paediatric Society and is designed to teach individuals and teams that may be required to resuscitate newborn babies.
If you see a date that you would like to attend, please email our administrator, Diana Curphey at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.